Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pennsylvania Dutch Metal Punching Square

Today was one of those days where regular school was not going to happen. Another trip to the dentist for me calls for a "Special Projects" day. So Samuel worked on place value, vowel sounds and his January Journal while I sat with my mouth open uncomfortably lying in the dentist's chair. I was lying there...congested...unable to breathe...miserable...Oh wait! this is Samuel's blog!
OK, so after lunch we worked on our special project, Pennsylvania Dutch Metal Punching Square we received in our Winter Kit.

First he punched holes in the metal sheet with nail and hammer,


then painted a cardboard with black tempera paint;


and for the final step he glued the metal to the cardboard.

It turned out to be a very nice work of art. Thanks Amanda!

1 comment:

AmandaChristina said...

I love they way your project turned out! Thanks for sharing the link to your blog. I love seeing families using my kits.

~Amanda from Hearts and Trees